Share
Go down
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-08-09
View user profile

Re: Edmodo VS Google Classroom

on Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:21 pm
May private message din po ba sa mga gantong software or program ?
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-08-13
View user profile

Re: Edmodo VS Google Classroom

on Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:55 am
They're both helpful for the students.
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-08-13
View user profile

Re: Edmodo VS Google Classroom

on Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:56 am
Can we just get a formal learning using these 2 like home schooling.
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-08-13
View user profile

Re: Edmodo VS Google Classroom

on Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:58 am
All those three are friendly user in a way that they're easy to use. It is just quipper is verygood in graphics.
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-08-14
View user profile

Re: Edmodo VS Google Classroom

on Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:44 pm
in edmodo i create my acount easy what about google classroom ?
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-08-14
View user profile

Re: Edmodo VS Google Classroom

on Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:44 pm
may app na para sa edmodo what about kay googleclassroom?
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-08-14
View user profile

Re: Edmodo VS Google Classroom

on Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:45 pm
ngayon ko lang po narinig ang google classrom thankyou sa info
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-08-14
View user profile

Re: Edmodo VS Google Classroom

on Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:46 pm
bakit mas sikat po ang edmodo ?
Guru
Posts : 11
Join date : 2018-08-13
View user profile

Re: Edmodo VS Google Classroom

on Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:44 pm
Spiky wrote:What is the most effective to the two?
i think yung edmodo kase pwede makipag usap ang pparent sa teacher if ever man na may problema sa bata
Guru
Posts : 11
Join date : 2018-08-13
View user profile

Re: Edmodo VS Google Classroom

on Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:45 pm
miasco_jennifer wrote:ngayon ko lang po narinig ang google classrom thankyou sa info
me too po.. thanks din po
Guru
Posts : 11
Join date : 2018-08-13
View user profile

Re: Edmodo VS Google Classroom

on Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:46 pm
miasco_jennifer wrote:bakit mas sikat po ang edmodo ?
kase siguro sa dami na din na gumagamit
Guru
Posts : 11
Join date : 2018-08-13
View user profile

Re: Edmodo VS Google Classroom

on Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:49 pm
ricamariepaming wrote:They're both helpful for the students.
really? i haven't try the other one
Guru
Posts : 11
Join date : 2018-08-13
View user profile

Re: Edmodo VS Google Classroom

on Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:50 pm
miasco_jennifer wrote:in edmodo i  create my acount easy what about google classroom ?
maybe they're the same procedure
Guru
Posts : 11
Join date : 2018-08-13
View user profile

Re: Edmodo VS Google Classroom

on Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:22 pm
Milleth Manzanilla wrote:does all students aware of edmodo and google classroom ?

Sent from Topic'it App
i think is a yes kase sasabihin naman ng mga teachers nila ang about sa edmodo and google classroom for their activity
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-08-09
View user profile

Re: Edmodo VS Google Classroom

on Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:19 pm
Both Google Classroom and Edmodo are designed to help teachers supplement their classroom lessons. With both platforms, teachers can organize their course content, track assignment status and communicate with students.
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-08-09
View user profile

Re: Edmodo VS Google Classroom

on Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:19 pm
Google Classroom: Google Classroom is part of the G Suite for Education (Google for Education) package that includes Gmail, Google Drive, Google Calendar and other apps. It’s targeted to teachers and students in both K-12 and higher education markets. Google Classroom is a free service for teachers and students and, like other Google products, takes only a few minutes to set up. However, they can’t register until their school signs up for the Google for Education package.

Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-08-09
View user profile

Re: Edmodo VS Google Classroom

on Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:19 pm
turingan_precious wrote:Google Classroom: Google Classroom is part of the G Suite for Education (Google for Education) package that includes Gmail, Google Drive, Google Calendar and other apps. It’s targeted to teachers and students in both K-12 and higher education markets. Google Classroom is a free service for teachers and students and, like other Google products, takes only a few minutes to set up. However, they can’t register until their school signs up for the Google for Education package.


The main benefit of Google Classroom is that it’s simple to use and encourages collaboration between students and teachers. Teachers can create a class and list assignments in a few clicks. They can add students by name or send them a code to join. Students then can see what assignments are due, participate in discussion forums or message the teacher (either in private or via group chat).

Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-08-09
View user profile

Re: Edmodo VS Google Classroom

on Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:20 pm
turingan_precious wrote:
turingan_precious wrote:Google Classroom: Google Classroom is part of the G Suite for Education (Google for Education) package that includes Gmail, Google Drive, Google Calendar and other apps. It’s targeted to teachers and students in both K-12 and higher education markets. Google Classroom is a free service for teachers and students and, like other Google products, takes only a few minutes to set up. However, they can’t register until their school signs up for the Google for Education package.


The main benefit of Google Classroom is that it’s simple to use and encourages collaboration between students and teachers. Teachers can create a class and list assignments in a few clicks. They can add students by name or send them a code to join. Students then can see what assignments are due, participate in discussion forums or message the teacher (either in private or via group chat).


Edmodo: Edmodo is a learning management platform that augments classroom learning with social learning for students and teachers in kindergarten to 12th grades. It has “freemium” pricing – meaning parents, teachers, students and even school districts can create their own accounts for free. Edmodo is set up like a social networking feed, similar to Facebook. Students, teachers and parents can communicate with posts, and other users can like or comment on them. Announcements, questions, tests and assignments are posted in the Edmodo feed.
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-08-09
View user profile

Re: Edmodo VS Google Classroom

on Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:21 pm
Similarities

Are deployed in the cloud and have dedicated mobile apps
Provide free accounts for teachers and students with a very short implementation
Primarily target the K-12 market (although Google Classroom also targets the higher education market)
Provide features that encourage collaboration and social learning
Provide unlimited storage
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-08-09
View user profile

Re: Edmodo VS Google Classroom

on Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:22 pm
Two Core Differences

1.) Integration with Applications
Google Classroom: Google Classroom integrates with many student information systems (SIS), along with websites such as Discovery Education, Curiosity.com and the American Museum of Natural History. Also, as part of the G Suite for Education, Google Classroom users have access to other Google products, such as Gmail and Google Drive.

Edmodo: Edmodo integrates with Google Apps for Education and Microsoft Office. Its premium plan offers SIS integration. Also, the Edmodo Spotlight tool can be used to download various user-created educational apps.

Bottom Line: Edmodo provides limited integration with third-party apps; you’ll need to download the Spotlight tool for more apps. Also, SIS integration is only available in Edmodo’s paid premium plan, while it’s free in Google Classroom.
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-08-09
View user profile

Re: Edmodo VS Google Classroom

on Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:22 pm
turingan_precious wrote:Two Core Differences

1.) Integration with Applications
Google Classroom: Google Classroom integrates with many student information systems (SIS), along with websites such as Discovery Education, Curiosity.com and the American Museum of Natural History. Also, as part of the G Suite for Education, Google Classroom users have access to other Google products, such as Gmail and Google Drive.

Edmodo: Edmodo integrates with Google Apps for Education and Microsoft Office. Its premium plan offers SIS integration. Also, the Edmodo Spotlight tool can be used to download various user-created educational apps.

Bottom Line: Edmodo provides limited integration with third-party apps; you’ll need to download the Spotlight tool for more apps. Also, SIS integration is only available in Edmodo’s paid premium plan, while it’s free in Google Classroom.

2.) Features
Google Classroom: Some of Google Classroom’s key features include platform branding with school colors/logos, as well as the ability to reuse tests, assignments and other content for future classes; share videos, links or images with other students; schedule postings of assignments; export grades to Google Sheets and set permissions for student access/commenting. Recently, some new features were introduced, including the ability to send assignments to individual students, email and mobile notifications of assignments’ due dates, and the ability to customize the types of notifications received.

Edmodo: Edmodo’s key features include its two tools, Edmodo Snapshot and Edmodo Spotlight.

The Edmodo Snapshot tool is designed to meet Common Core standards, as well as other education standards schools must follow. Edmodo partners with content providers to offer resources such as lesson plans, tests, games and other activities. Snapshot also provides question banks and assessments for teachers, as well as real-time reports that illustrate progress by student so teachers can figure out which students need help.

Edmodo Spotlight is a tool for downloading various educational apps. Users can find specific apps through filters for subject matter, grade and/or price. Teachers can create and upload their own apps or make recommendations. Most of the apps are free to download, but others cost a nominal fee (approximately $1 to $6 per app).

Bottom Line: While both solutions offer social learning features and access to content, Edmodo doesn’t offer mobile or email notifications of upcoming deadlines or missed assignment due dates. Edmodo offers dedicated accounts for parents to access students’ work and collaborate with other parents. Google Classroom doesn’t have this capability; instead, parents receive an email summary.
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-08-09
View user profile

Re: Edmodo VS Google Classroom

on Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:23 pm
Comparing Offerings
Price
Google Classroom: Google Classroom is a free service for both teachers and students. However, they can’t use it until their school signs up for the Google for Education package. The Google for Education suite is free, but Google sells a variety of optional products and services, such as authoring tools, content topics, Chromebooks and professional development workshops.

Edmodo: Teachers, students and parents can create a “freemium” account that includes many of Edmodo’s basic features. Additionally, there is a premium plan ($2,500 per school year) that includes advanced features (analytics, gamification and prioritized customer support).

Bottom Line: Google Classroom and Edmodo are free for teachers and students. However, both vendors offer different features and services as optional purchases.
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-08-09
View user profile

Re: Edmodo VS Google Classroom

on Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:24 pm
Training & Customer Support
Google Classroom: Some of the training options Google provides include the Google for Education Training Center, Train the Trainer courses, and programs for educators and trainers to receive certifications. Google’s Help Center provides resources, including a product forum, about common Google Classroom topics. There are also dedicated guides for schools’ IT administrators. Finally, Google provides monthly updates on product releases.

Edmodo: Edmodo provides users with many training opportunities, both free and paid. Such training includes a one-day onsite training ($2,500 for 25 users), a six-week customized online training ($7,500 for 25 users), tutorials on Edmodo and its Snapshot feature, an on-demand webinar and a four-hour certified learner course.

Edmodo’s support staff consists of former educators who are experienced in classroom settings. There’s a dedicated help center for students, parents and teachers to find answers for common troubleshooting issues and other questions. Users can also submit a support request, ask questions to other users, send feedback to Edmodo or find out information on product releases from the help center.

Bottom Line: Both vendors offer a variety of training options. With the exception of the Google for Education training center, Google doesn’t train end users directly, instead relying on the train-the-trainer approach. As for customer support, both solutions include a dedicated help center, but Edmodo uses the unique approach of staffing former educators to help with education inquiries in addition to software support.
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-08-09
View user profile

Re: Edmodo VS Google Classroom

on Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:24 pm
Shortcomings
Google Classroom: Google Classroom isn’t available for businesses. Also, unlike other school-based LMSs, it doesn’t offer accounts for parents. Instead, parents receive an email summary of their children’s work and grades.

Edmodo: Edmodo isn’t intended for higher education or businesses. Also, it doesn’t provide content authoring tools.

Bottom Line: Neither solution is targeted for corporate learning, so businesses should check out our other LMS reviews. Also, while Google Classroom offers content authoring tools, they’re optional.
Guru
Posts : 10
Join date : 2018-08-13
View user profile

Re: Edmodo VS Google Classroom

on Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:29 pm
both useful
Sponsored content

Re: Edmodo VS Google Classroom

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum